Blaine’s sewing machine center began as the sewing machine dept. in the Outlet Department store. This is where Karen Roy began working for the original Blaine in 1979. After the Outlet closed in 1982 Blaine’s opened as an independent store on Oaklawn Avenue. Over the years, Blaine’s continued to expand and settled into its present location at 1280 Oaklawn Avenue. Karen was the manager of Blaine’s for many years, and her husband Bob was a service technician. Karen and Bob celebrated 10 years of ownership in 2015 and continue with their commitment to selling only the finest sewing machines and educating their customers in all aspects of sewing.