Westalee Rulers = Easy free-motion! After a few basics to get everyone started, then the fun begins! It’s like bowling with “bumpers”, the rulers keep you on track as you create many classic designs. Hundreds of rulers available from Feathers to circles to great border designs. From attaching your ruler foot, adjusting it for proper height, set-up tips and recommended products. Then we explore some of the different patterns available with your Westalee Sampler Set. Leave with a confidence and knowledge base to start quilting real quilts without the hours of practice! If you’ve done this we me before we’ll have additional designs for you to learn.
Where: Blaine's Sewing Machine Center
Date: January 11, 2020
Time: 9:30-4:00 (Doors will open at 9am for set-up)
Fee: $99.00 (light lunch included)
CALL OR CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TODAY
• ½” Ruler Foot for your model of machine [Bernina owners – you’ll need an adapter to use the Sew Steady foot [ we have these adapters] or purchase the #72 foot ***If you don’t have any rulers or ruler foot yet call the store so we can figure out what type you’d need and to make sure we’ll have them available at class***
• 6-piece Westalee Sampler set of rulers - PRE ORDER BEFORE CLASS
• Janet Collins Ruler Quilting design book [recommended]
• “slider” sheet to move your fabric more easily
• straight-stitch needle plate [optional but really helps]
• ** Plexi-glass quilters table or included machine table if it’s flat and level to machine arm **Tables need to be ordered several weeks ahead, so plan accordingly**
• 90/14 Topstitch needles [bring several and have a new one in your machine]
• “grippy” fingertips or gloves [optional but helpful]
• Westalee Crosshair marking ruler [optional, you can borrow one to try]
• All-purpose polyester thread or 50w cotton – bring several colors, types if you have; not too dark
• Fabric markers that will show on your choice of fabric colors
• At least 6 fat-quarter sandwiches – solid, med. colors are best for top fabric so ruler white lines show.
• Highly Recommended - A thick cushion to sit on will bring you to a better height [or an adjustable height chair or tall stool] **CHECK OUT OUR SEW COMFORTABLE CHAIR CUSHIONS**
1. Prepare your quilt sandwiches. Use cotton batting and just use steam to press together and you won’t need any basting, pins etc.
2. Wind several bobbins.
3. Make sure to clean the lint from your machine.
4. Make sure you have a new 90/14 topstitch needle in your machine.
5. If you already own the rulers, please spray Grippy or cut little ¼” – ½” pieces of “Stable Tape” and place on your ruler back corners.