Are you ready to learn how to use rulers/templates on your home machine? This class will teach you tips and tricks for getting your machine ready for free motion quilting. How to install the ruler foot on your machine, how to adjust the tension for free motion quilting and finally the basics of free motion quilting with templates on home machines will be covered.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class to set up your machine.
Instructor: Marilynn Bouclin
When: Wednesday November 15, 2017 10:30am - 12:30pm
Because this class is in such high demand and class sizes are limited you must pay in full at the time of registration to be considered enrolled. Please call the store to pay by credit card to confirm enrollment.
All materials listed below are carried by Blaine’s.
• Machine with ruler foot, foot pedal and some kind of extension table***
• Sewing machine manual, just in case
• Small screwdriver to adjust bobbin case
• Quilting Needle for your machine, 90/14.
• Thread- please bring 2 contrasting colors for checking the tension.
• Ruler with the straight edge
• Machingers (gloves for gripping fabric.)
• (3) 8 inch square muslin quilt sandwiches. We will assemble them during class.
• Spray baste. I recommend 505.
Supreme Slider (a mat you place on your machine to help your material move)
• Self-threading needles
• Marking pen. I recommend the blue, wash away one.
• Spacing Gauge
• Any other notions you need for sewing
***You might want to purchase a separate bobbin case. We will be changing the tension for ruler work.